Tornado Warning Signs
On April 13, 2022 an EF1 tornado hit several different areas of Jefferson & Bullitt Counties in Kentucky. A lot of homes sustained wind, rain, & hail damage and SERVPRO of Bullitt & N. Nelson Counties was there to help with the clean-up and repairs. Thankfully there were no serious injuries reported and that is probably due in part to our local weather men & women alerting us to take cover. What if you don't have any power though & you have no way to know when to take cover? Below are six signs to look out for when possible tornadoes are approaching.
- The color of the sky may change to a dark greenish color.
- A strange quiet occurring within or shortly after a thunderstorm.
- A loud roar that sounds similar to a freight train.
- An approaching cloud of debris, especially at ground level.
- You can see debris falling from the sky.
- A rotating funnel-shaped cloud that extends from a thunderstorm.
If you notice any of these signs it is time to take cover in an interior room, preferably a room without windows, and shelter in place until the tornado has passed.
At SERVPRO of Bullitt & N. Nelson Counties, our main goal is for our community to stay safe, however if your home does sustain damage of any kind we are here to offer a helping hand.