Fire Safety Tips for the Summer
SERVPRO of Bullitt & N. Nelson Counties wanted to share some important fire safety tips in the home while you enjoy the summer.
1) Only use grills on the ground floor. If you use on porches or balconies this leads to a higher risk for house fires.
2) Make sure and build campfires at least 10 feet away from your home and 25 feet away from tents and overhanging branches.
3) Always open your gas grill before lighting.
4) Wear short sleeves and use long handled tools while barbecuing on the grill.
5) Keep at least three feet safety area around your grill to insure safety for the kids and your home.
6) We do not recommend setting off your own fireworks because they can reach up to 1000 degrees and can cause third degree burns.
7) Never walk away from your grill while it is lit. keep an eye on it at all times.
8) Cleaning the grill after every use to remove the grease will help prevent a fire.
9) Put coals in a metal container after they have cooled.
10) Only use your grill outdoors because using them indoors can cause a house fire or carbon monoxide poisoning.