Recent Posts

Leaky Line causes major damage in Shepherdsville, KY Home

10/2/2018 (Permalink)

Water Damage Leaky Line causes major damage in Shepherdsville, KY Home Leak in the Water Line causes major problems.

Water Line Leak went Unnoticed in Shepherdsville, KY Home

These homeowners in Shepherdsville, KY noticed water rings starting to develop in their bathroom floor. By the time SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties arrived on the scene, the damage was already pretty extensive. As you can see in the photo most of the flooring, including the subfloor, was beyond repair. SERVPRO quickly went to work, drying out as much of the structure as possible, and beginning demo work to prevent any further mold growth. Remember catching a leak early will greatly reduce the amount of repairs and sub-structural materials removed. If you have noticed water rings in your home or suspect a leak, call the experts at SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties, open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Here at SERVPRO we make it look, "Like it never even happened."

Flooded home in Shepherdsville, KY

10/2/2018 (Permalink)

Water Damage Flooded home in Shepherdsville, KY Extraction Mats to Dry Out Wood Floors.

Flooded Home in Shepherdsville, KY

These homeowners in Shepherdsville, KY had beautiful wood floors throughout their home. The homeowner had started a load of laundry and gone out for the day. When they returned, water had flooded the first level of their home, saturating the wood floors. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties quickly arrived on the scene, setting up equipment and drying out the structure immediately. Notice the Water Extraction Mats in the photo. The homeowners were astonished at the outcome these mats produced. Drying out wood flooring is never an easy task, but with the right equipment, technicians, and company, the task can be accomplished. Call the experts at SERVPRO to the job done right. Here at SERVPRO we are, "Always here to help."

Plumbing gone wrong in New Haven, KY

10/1/2018 (Permalink)

Water Damage Plumbing gone wrong in New Haven, KY Plumbing gone wrong in New Haven, KY

Plumbing Disaster in New Haven, KY

This young couple in New Haven, KY was getting ready to move into the home of their dreams. They spent countless hours laying floors, painting walls, and preparing for their future together. It was finally completed and everything was ready to move in; when suddenly a water disaster struck. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties quickly arrived on the scene. Unfortunately, due to a busted pipe from new plumbing lines, most of the flooring was lost. As you can see in the photo, the drywall and flooring had to be removed, to properly dry out this structure. Thanks to the superior equipment and excellent technicians, SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties was able to help these homeowners restore what was lost, and make it look like, "It never even happened."

Fire in Louisville, KY

10/1/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Fire in Louisville, KY Louisville, KY Home engulfed in flames.

Home engulfed in flames in Louisville, KY

This homeowner in Louisville, KY suffered a major loss when an electrical fire engulfed the attic and roof of their home. Notice in the photo that only the framing bones were left. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties has been working hard to help this homeowner rebuild all that was lost in this horrible fire. Although, a loss of this magnitude may take some time to rebuild, SERVPRO is making every effort to make it look, "Like it never even happened."

Fire Restoration Tips

*Limit movement in home to prevent soot particles from spreading on carpet and furniture.

*Place dry towels, blankets, or old linens in high traffic areas to prevent further damage.

*If there is no electric remove food from refrigerators and freezers to prevent odor.

*If it is winter and there is no heat pour RV Antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks, and tubs to prevent frozen pipes.

Fire in Georgetown, KY

10/1/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Fire in Georgetown, KY Soot on Walls from Fire in Georgetown, KY

Georgetown, KY Fire causes Major Damage

This home in Georgetown, KY suffered major damage from soot, when a fire sparked from a wire that was probably exposed due to an attic critter. The soot covered the walls, furniture, floors, and almost all of their contents. Notice in the photo how the interior upper walls are covered in soot and the floor in debris. When cleaning soot from a home there are many precautions that need to be implemented.

Preventing the Spread of Soot

Thankfully, SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties had fire restoration technicians on the scene, preventing any further damage to this homeowners belongings. Some basic tips they enforced during this job, saved this homeowner from a total loss. If you should need any assistance with fire restoration, give SERVPRO a call. Remember, "We are always here to help."

Dishwasher Pains in Mt. Washington, KY

9/14/2018 (Permalink)

Water Damage Dishwasher Pains in Mt. Washington, KY Dishwasher causes Water Damage in Mt. Washington, KY

Dishwasher causes major problems in Mt. Washington, KY

This homeowner in Mt. Washington, KY was facing several repairs, until SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counites arrived on the scene. Notice in the photo the Dehumidifier and Air Movers working hard to save the hard wood floors and island cabinet. Luckily, this homeowner had very minimal repairs due to the equipment placement and timing of the SERVPRO technicians.

Remember to Check Dark and Covered Spaces for Water Leaks

  • Underneath Cabinets and Sinks
  • Underneath Dishwashers and Washing Machines
  • Storage Closets
  • Basements
  • Crawl Spaces
  • Attics

Should you notice anything that needs attention, call the experts at SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Here at SERVPRO, "We are always here to help."

Busted Pipe creates Havoc in New Haven, KY

9/12/2018 (Permalink)

Water Damage Busted Pipe creates Havoc in New Haven, KY New Haven, KY home with Water Damage.

Busted Pipe creates Havoc in New Haven, KY Home

This homeowner in New Haven, KY woke up to a disaster when a pipe busted within their home. Notice in the picture the flooring had to be removed in order to dry out this structure. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties works hard to help homeowners save as much of the structural material as possible but, in this loss the flooring was to damaged. However, all is not lost, as you can see SERVPRO equipment throughout the room drying out the subfloor and drywall.

Strategies of Equipment Placement

It may appear in the photo that SERVPRO equipment has been placed randomly throughout the room, but that is not the case. The technicians go throughout the room with a moisture meter detecting the levels of moisture and determining the equipment needed in each area.

Guest Room full of Mold in Louisville, KY

8/3/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Guest Room full of Mold in Louisville, KY Mold in Guest Room

Mold in Guest Room

This homeowner in Louisville, KY rarely went into the guest room of their house. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties arrived quickly to the scene and began inspecting the home for Mold. Notice in the photo the leak from the ceiling destroyed the mattress and caused Mold growth. It is always important to randomly check the areas of your home that are not used often. If a water leak is found early, the chances of Mold growth are reduced greatly. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties wants everyone in our community to know that, "We are always here to help."

Tips for Mold Treatment and Prevention

  • Always fix water leaks.
  • Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
  • Replace any saturated material, such as insulation, carpet, and drywall.
  • Use Dehumidifiers.

Cigarette Improperly Disposed of in Louisville, KY

7/19/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Cigarette Improperly Disposed of in Louisville, KY Apartment Fire in Louisville, KY

Apartment Fire caused by Cigarette

This tenant in Louisville, KY almost completely burned down their apartment when they disposed of a cigarette improperly. Take a look at the damage in this photo. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties was quick to arrive to the scene and took immediate action in the fire restoration process. Here at SERVPRO we follow strict guidelines to insure our customers the fastest service and best response possible.

Tips When Dealing with Fire Damage

  • Coat chrome faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly to prevent soot build-up.
  • Place towels or blankets on high traffic areas to prevent the spread of soot.
  • Do not clean any electrical equipment.
  • Do not try to wash paintings, walls, and carpet as improper cleaning can cause further damage.

Fire in Shepherdsville, KY

6/15/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Fire in Shepherdsville, KY Overheated Fireplace in Shepherdsville, KY Home

Fireplace catches Shepherdsville, KY Home on Fire

These homeowners were extremely fortunate to have caught this fire before it spread throughout the whole house. Notice in the photo that the back corner of the house suffered the most damage. SERVPRO of Bullitt and N. Nelson Counties worked hard to restore this home back to its original beauty, provide customer care, and as always work with compassion. Remember here at SERVPRO, "We are always here to help."

Fire Damage Tips

  • Limit movement in home to prevent the spread of soot.
  • Coat faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly to prevent soot.
  • Do not shampoo carpets or furniture.
  • Do not send clothing to dry cleaners since improper cleaning may set in odor.
  • Do not clean any electrical equipment.